WHATWG Wiki:Contribution Guidelines
Before you get started on editing any of the pages, please read all of the following carefully.
The WHATWG Wiki has policies similar to those of Wikipedia. Among these are the following:
- Avoid bias. Articles should be written from a neutral point of view, representing differing views on a subject fairly and sympathetically. There will be some bias given the nature of this working group, but this does not mean that information should be excluded or opposing viewpoints suppressed. All contributors should keep an open mind.
- Don't infringe copyrights. The WHATWG Wiki is licensed under the terms of the MIT License. Submitting work to this wiki in violation of copyright threatens the objectives of the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group, and could lead to legal problems.
- Respect other contributors. Editing pages for any purpose other than to add value to the pages or to improve the fairness in which the subject is dealt with is inappropriate.
We also have some policies specific to our site:
- Don't misrepresent your own proposals or opinions as those of WHATWG.
- Avoid creating alternate versions of WHATWG specifications using this wiki. The WHATWG specifications can change swiftly and with little notice, so copies of part or all of a specification may become outdated overnight. Please submit requests for changes to a WHATWG specification directly to the mailing list.