Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page summarises the problems discussed in the e-mails that ended up in the html-parsing-rules-namespaces-discussion folder.
- Putting an equation in a Web page.
- Typographically-sound printing
- Ease of authoring (are authors willing to learn new formats?)
- Ease of import from existing documents
- Ease of implementation (are UAs willing to implement new formats?)
- Migrating from LaTeX to HTML.
- Writing a document by hand, with inline diagrams imported from a graphics package.
- Compatibility with existing graphics packages
- Resistance to errors (not brittle)
- Scriptable (retained-mode, with DOM support)
- Single Document (no cross-frame scripting)
Supporting data and research
- What is the most widely known way of authoring mathematics?
- What human-editable source language are equations mostly serialised in today?