Ideas around changing the FormData API.
- Populate FormData from the server. (multipart/form-data entity -> FormData)
- Get and manipulate FormData values.
- void append(name, value [, filename]) — normalize Blob [+ filename] to File since it always gets a filename
- void set(name, value [, filename]) — replaces *all* name entries
- void remove(name) — removes *all* name entries
- sequence<DOMString> getNames()
- sequence<DOMString> getValues(name)
responseType = "formdata"
Parse as multipart/form-data and populate FormData. Probably need to have a good definition of multipart/form-data first.
XXX: The HTML dirname feature seems to be one way only. Maybe the feature needs to be redesigned?
XXX: If there is no name, imply "isindex"?
Something like HTMLFormElement.populate(FormData) which updates all entries with the data from FormData. Maybe it should take a dictionary to indicate whether unaffected items should be cleared or retained.