Difference between revisions of "Style"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 17:25, 16 March 2018
- built-in (though see https://github.com/heycam/webidl/issues/350)
- keepalive (though HTTP Keep-Alive [sic] header)
- referrer (though HTTP Referer [sic] header)
- whitespace (though CSS white-space [sic] property)
- Use 's for possesives, even when it looks unnatural.
- Use the Oxford Comma.
- Avoid "one of" unless it's followed by a bulleted list. You can normally leave it out and just use "or". If you cannot leave it out, that might be a good indication you want to use a bulleted list for clarity.
- A hierarchy (not an).
- web, unless at the start of a sentence
- Spaces around — (em dash)
- Lowercase after colon (The slot attribute is used to assign a slot to an element: an element with a slot attribute is assigned to the slot created by the slot element whose name attribute's value matches that slot attribute's value)
Words and phrases used as words
- When a word or term is not used functionally but is referred to as the word or term itself, enclose it in quotation marks. (See also: some examples that highlight why this is necessary.)
- Avoid using "simply" or suggesting that something is simple
- Don't use "white" as meaning good and "black" as meaning bad; more concretely, "safelist" and "blocklist" are established precedent