Changes from HTML4
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- HTML5 specifies its own syntax rules authors have to follow. These syntax rules are compatible with the XHTML syntax rules althoug this does not imply that parsing such a document with an HTML parser will give the same result as parsing it with an XML parser.
- HTML5 defines its own parsing rules (including "error correction") for text/html resources and no longer assumes SGML features are supported.
- datalist (Web Forms 2)
- menu (new semantics and no longer deprecated)
- output (Web Forms 2)
- acronym (use instead)
- applet (use <object> instead)
- noscript (only dropped in XHTML5)