Most WHATWG standards are hosted on GitHub.
To run the standard's Makefile (i.e. to run "make" in your terminal) you need to have whatwg/xref in the same parent directory as the repository of your standard (e.g. whatwg/dom). In addition you need to have installed Anolis (ms2ger/anolis).
On using GitHub Issues
Most WHATWG standards are not using GitHub Issues.
Issues some WHATWG contributors have with GitHub Issues:
- Lack of mailing list integration.
- Lack of sophisticated query mechanism found in Bugzilla.
- Spammable with forgeable/spoofable attribution. Example: https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/104#issuecomment-27174608.
And with GitHub in general:
- As the new Google Code it too might disappear.
- Hard to find new standards-related activities as people tend to put them in private and/or personal repositories.
- Notification system is unclear.