WHATWG Wiki:How to create a user account
If you are an autoconfirmed user, you can fulfill requests to register a new account.
The method of doing this is not necessarily intuitive, so here are the necessary steps:
- Go to Special:UserLogin and click on "Create another account". (Or go directly to the page.)
- Remove any of your info automatically filled in by your browser (username, password, e-mail address, etc.).
- Enter the requested username in the "Username" field.
- Check (tick) the box for "Use a temporary random password and send it to the specified email address".
- Enter the requested e-mail address in the "Email address" field.
- Enter the requested real name in the "Real name (optional)" field, if desired.
- Enter the request method (e-mail, IRC, etc.) in the "Reason" field. (Leave off any trailing punctuation; it will be followed by a comma in the full log message.)
- Submit the form by clicking the "Create another account" button.
This process will send an e-mail containing an automatically-generated password to the e-mail address provided. The user can then log in and change their password (and confirm their e-mail address) from the information in that e-mail.