Validator.nu GNU Output
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Support for the GNU error message format has been requested.
The GNU spec isn’t quite specific. The following issues need to be addressed:
- What should be put in as the file name when there is none?
- How does one stuff a URI in the file name field considering that the colon is a field separator?
- What should be done if line breaks occur in the message?
- Do the anticipated consuming apps support UTF-8?
- Should this format only include errors? How does one distinguish informative messages?
- Validator.nu counts columns by UTF-16 code units with a tab simly counting as one column. The GNU format counts “ASCII” columns with 8-stop tab expansion. I really wouldn’t want to do tab expansion.