Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 02:20, 17 November 2006 by 184.108.40.206 (Moved the current usage section as a new subsection of Problem Description.)
This is an empty page that describes what should be documented about a problem and the different solutions proposed to address it. Feel free to copy this template to when creating a new page.
- Brief description of the problem to solve.
- Complete description of the problem, explanation of why the current markup is insufficient, etc.
Current Usage and Workarounds
- Some evidence that this feature is desparately needed on the web.
- Brief description of the solution and of how it address the problem at hand.
- Explanation of the changes introduced by this solution. It explains how the document is processed, and how errors are handled. This should be very clear, including things such as event timing if the solution involves events, how to create graphs representing the data in the case of semantic proposals, etc.
- Cases not covered by this solution in relation to the problem description; other problems with this solution, if any.
- Description of how and why browser vendors would take advantage of this feature.
- Reasons why page authors would use this solution.