Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page exists to document the status of the outdated forks of various WHATWG specifications, and any progress toward clarifying their out-of-dateness.
- Status: discontinued as a NOTE. ED URL (http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-file/tip/Overview.html) redirects
Confusion Somewhat Mitigated
- http://www.w3.org/TR/url/ plus various aliases and older versions
- Status: has a reasonable red disclaimer, but still exists.
- Status: mostly gutted, with a reasonable red disclaimer.
- Status: still exists as an outdated snapshot with no warning, causing confusion. And has a weird rename too.
- Status: still exists as an outdated snapshot with no warning, causing confusion
- Status: still exists as an outdated snapshot with no warning, causing confusion. The spec model has diverged significantly in the meantime, and the outdated version is actively wrong, not just incomplete.
- Status: Although XHR "level 2" has been discontinued as a NOTE, XHR "level 1" continues to exist as an outdated snapshot with no warning, causing confusion. The spec is not properly layered on top of the Fetch Standard, either, which means it fails to integrate with the rest of the platform (e.g. it is not intercepted by service workers).
TODO fill in the rest