This document contains a list of the problems for which feature requests have been made. Linked problem pages contain the document of the problem and their relevant solutions. Obviously, we want to keep HTML as simple as possible. That means not everyone will get what they want. Having good documentation for the problems at hand will help all of us work out what is most important.
Before proposing a feature, please read Proposing features. If you want to add a feature request, start by copying the Problem Solving template page onto a new page and fill out as much information as you can.
You don't have to provide detailed answers for everything straight away. The most important information to provide at first is the problem description. Once we have detailed descriptions, use cases and an understanding of the limitations with existing markup, we can then begin to discuss the best way in which to address the problems and work out more of the more technical details.
- Image Caption
- Layout tables
- Drag'n'Drop Uploads
- New Vocabularies, Constraints for New Vocabularies
- Generic Metadata Mechanisms
This list of features needs to be sorted out. They've come from all the feedback provided on blogs over the past few weeks.
- Don't render quotation marks around
- Make form validation easier
maxlengthattribute for textarea
- New Form Controls
- Search fields
- Combo boxes
- WYSIWIG Editor (
- Placeholder attribute
- Captions for images
- Bring back the
valueattributes for ordered lists.
- Bring back the
- Require XHTML-link syntax for HTML
- Caption/label/list header for lists
- Include the
hrefon all elements
- Make it easier to mark up blocks of code
- Allow block level elements inside paragraphs
- Fix the
object, embed and
iframeinto a single element
- Headers and footers
- A mechanism to include content from an external source (e.g.
include, perhaps like XInclude)
cornerelement (presumably for making rounded corners)
- Markup for advertisements
- Easier column layouts
footelement for containing scripts at the bottom of the page, or something to help deal with cross-browser load events.
- Key Generation/Certificate management (The